Friday, May 21, 2010

Joshua Barton Brooklyn, NY 9/5/2009

In observation of the ongoing tradition to release something (anything) musical on my birthday, I offer here the audio & video of some backyard tunes recorded in Brooklyn in September of 2009. Though the video makes it look like I was pretty lonely out there in the dark, I was in fact joined by dozens of good friends, and hosted by the generous Gina Pensiero at her 50/50 Space (aka her basement and/or backyard). Gina gives of herself to music in many cool ways, including her band and her blog. Getting to participate in her ongoing monthly series of shows was a fantastic experience, and it was only the beginning of what turned out to be a fantastic night.

Special thanks for this release go out to Dax Monta & Graham Mason for recording it, and doubly to Dax for bringing the final recordings together as a package. I was joined on mandolin for a few tunes by Tristan Dreisbach. Matt Richman helped out with editing.


Tracks:
1. Introduction
2. I've Got Something To Say To You
3. We'll Always Have The Oasis
4. Going Home
5. Don't Stay Away (Till Love Grows Cold) [Lefty Frizzell]
6. I'll Fly Away [Albert E. Brumley]
7. Eugenia
8. Ypsilanti Is Seething
9. Sick Of America
10. Unknown Legend [Neil Young]
11. Point Of Contention
12. Pillaged Land
13. Roll Another Number (For The Road) [Neil Young]
14. I've Seen A Light

1 comment:

eric said...

SICK OF AMERICA! SUMMER JAM of '00 finally gets proper release in '10!!!